Background: Mystic Meister Eckhart said, “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one love.” This sentence is, to me, nearly as amazing as it is confusing. This exercise is an attempt to grapple with this strange, wonderful idea.
- Breathe deeply.
- Turn your inner eye to God. See God watching you.
- Think about who God is, see God as best you can through your mind’s eye.
- When you are ready, consider the idea that God is watching all things. God is watching you watch God.
- As best you can, consider the idea that God sees you fully. God sees you with infared and ultraviolet vision; God sees all the things you have ever done. God sees you down to the smallest subatomic particle. God sees all the things you have ever been. God sees your body, mind, and soul. God sees the original divine spark which made human kind.
- Know that As God sees you, in every possible way, God sees your potential. God knows the depths of your passion and love. God sees and pronounces you as so good.
- Sit with God’s loving view on you for a bit.
- Take three deep breaths.
- Combine the views, as best you can. God looking down on you is you looking up at God. Your eyes are God’s eyes. God’s eyes are yours. You are God. God is you.
Pingback: You Are Welcome Here. | The Faith-ing Project